For more celebrity news, interviews and more, go to:
Museum of the Moving Image, Theatrical Teamsters Local 817, and Kaufman Astoria Studios present New York on Location, a FREE family-friendly event that offers a behind-the-scenes look at film production in New York. New York on Location invites the public to go inside up to 20 working movie trailers and trucks—straight from productions shooting in New York—and speak directly with movie professionals about what they do on set.
This unique street fair and celebration will take place on Sunday, September 21, 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in Astoria, Queens, on the Kaufman Astoria Studios backlot (36 Street between 34 and 35 Avenues), at Museum of the Moving Image (which will be free for the day), and on surrounding streets, comprising the heart of the newly designated Kaufman Arts District.
Among the highlights:
• Award-winning stunt performers demonstrating high falls, street fighting, and stunt driving
• Makeup artists and hair stylists demonstrating applications for everything from a glamour look to cuts and bruises
• Weather effects including rain, snow, and wind created by special-effects craftspeople
￼• A look inside a camera car, a rigged vehicle that supports the filming of scenes set in cars
• A deluxe star dressing room, known in the industry as a “triple pop-out” trailer
• Honey wagons, a.k.a. the restrooms to the stars, available for the public to use.